Green Alpha Advisors Kicks Off 2018 With Strong Asset Flows,
Platform Partnerships and Institutional Traction
and inequality will be the greatest wealth creation drivers of the 21st century.”
BOULDER, CO—February 12, 2018—Green Alpha Advisors kicked off 2018 with a surge of new assets, partnerships and institutional traction in its time-tested Next Economy™ portfolios.
Green Alpha provides investors with a solutions-driven investment approach—a disciplined, fundamentals-based investing strategy that reduces portfolio risk inherent in the legacy fossil fuels-driven economy, while simultaneously driving capital toward a genuinely sustainable economy. As Green Alpha continues to increase the availability of their portfolios, the number of clients they serve, and the assets they invest in public equities, the economic impact of these solutions-driven investments grow, too.
“Despite recent volatility, this has been a fantastic start to the new year as we grow the business, expand our distribution partnerships with advisor and custodial platforms, and attract high net worth individuals who want to align their investment portfolios with their vision of the future,” said Jeremy Deems, Chief Financial Officer.
“As we open increasingly larger accounts for clients, we remain committed to democratizing access to institutional-quality climate change sector investments by providing investors options enabling them to both drive progress toward and profit from the global transition to sustainability. By giving investors of all shapes and sizes access to quality impact investment portfolios, we ensure that every invested dollar has a positive impact on the economy,” added Betsy Moszeter, Chief Operating Officer.
As of January 31, 2018, Green Alpha:
- Is driving change in the economy through $120 million of investments made on behalf of institutional consultants, wealth advisors and clients
- Expanded access to its separately managed account portfolios on 15 platforms, with three added in just the past two months. The latest platform addition is Trust Company of America’s Money Manager X-Change. Green Alpha sub-advises three portfolios in partnership with Earth Equity Advisors, which was selected by Trust Company of America to be the go-to responsible investing advisor on the platform
- Doubled their average account size over the past three years, to $520,000, while continuing to enable investments as low as $10,000 in individual accounts and $500 in their mutual fund
- Released a series of position papers to inform investors on key Next Economy™ investment issues, and led educational webinars to demystify important impact investing topics
“Sustainable investing is one of the fastest-growing segments for individual and institutional investors, and 2017 was a watershed year for us and other managers in this sector,” said Garvin Jabusch, Chief Investment Officer. “Investors are recognizing that companies creating solutions to major systemic risks like climate change make economic and financial sense. These companies are driving the global economy forward.”
Green Alpha’s investment strategies include:
- Next Economy Index, 9-year track record: The Index is passively managed. It exists to: (1) define all aspects of the Next Economy (2) demonstrate the diversity, growth, breadth and depth of the Next Economy, and (3) serve as a performance benchmark for sustainable active, public equity investment strategies.
- Sierra Club® Green Alpha Portfolio, 7-year track record: This portfolio is a unique blend of Green Alpha’s Next Economy process and the Sierra Club’s proprietary environmental and social investment criteria. Green Alpha is proud to be the only financial services firm allowed to utilize the Sierra Club’s rigorous criteria.
- Growth & Income Portfolio, 5-year track record: This portfolio is designed for investors who desire the powerful combination of growth and income within one portfolio. The strategy seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation without excess volatility, while delivering dividend income at higher rates than the broad equity market.
- Next Economy Select Portfolio, 4+ year track record: The Next Economy Select portfolio is designed for investors seeking long-term capital growth. The strategy is available both as a mutual fund and as a managed account to help provide democratized, low-minimum account size access to high quality investing.
- Nia Global Solutions, 2-year track record: Green Alpha sub-advises this gender diversity-focused portfolio in collaboration with Nia Impact Advisors. The portfolio seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing in companies that have innovative solutions to the needs of a warmer, more populous, and resource-constrained planet.
About Green Alpha Advisors, LLC
Green Alpha’s investment philosophy is straight forward: don’t invest in companies that cause global systemic risks; instead, invest in the solutions. That’s the Next Economy.
Green Alpha Advisors is led by three pioneering executives who each have 20 years of asset management experience. Green Alpha has been redefining asset management since 2007 by investing in the Next Economy – an indefinitely thriving economy driven by companies that are developing innovative solutions to major systemic risks, like climate change, resource scarcity and widening inequality. As these threats continue to materialize, and risk-mitigating solutions rapidly accelerate, the economy of the next decade is unlikely to look like that of the past. So why follow the crowd and invest using the same backward-looking views of portfolio risks? The legacy economy gave rise to our most pressing risks – it’s time to skip that and invest in what’s next.
This press release is for informational purposes only and nothing in this press release should be construed to be individual investment advice, nor an offer to sell or the solicitation of any offer to buy any security. Green Alpha Advisors, LLC is a registered investment advisor. Registration as an investment advisor does not imply any certain level of skill or training. Green Alpha is a registered trademark of Green Alpha Advisors, LLC. Green Alpha Advisors also owns the trademarks to “Next Economy” and “Investing in the Next Economy.” Sierra Club, the Sierra Club logos, and “Explore, enjoy and protect the planet” are registered trademarks of the Sierra Club. Please refer to www.greenalphaadvisors.com for more information and additional important disclosures.
Mo Shafroth, 720-470-3653