Location: Niwot, CO
Green Alpha Advisors is an asset management firm located in Niwot, Colorado. We serve individual clients, wealth advisors, family offices, and large institutions by investing a portion of their assets in solutions to our greatest economic and environmental risks – climate change, resource degradation and scarcity, and widening inequality. By directing capital to solutions creators, our clients can both catalyze and benefit from the emerging, highly efficient, sustainable Next Economy.
Green Alpha is run by three entrepreneurial investment professionals who each have more than 20 years of investment industry experience. The part-time Associate will work most closely with the Chief Operating Officer, and also with the CFO and CIO. We will teach the right candidate the skills they need to carry out the job, have fun doing it, and excel so that they gain independence in their responsibilities, and have the ability to choose whether to take on additional responsibilities as the firm grows.
We expect the job to be a consistent 20 hours a week. There is flexibility about what the schedule will be; however, we need to rely on the schedule once it is set. The Associate will work in our Niwot, CO office with very little flexibility to work remotely.
Given COVID-19 and associated health concerns, we expect the Associate to follow all of the social distancing and safer-at-home recommendations that we are each following outside of the office. Our company culture is one in which we each conduct ourselves in a way that protects the company and each other—both inside the office and out—and we expect the incoming employee to do the same.
- Field incoming phone calls, and pass them along as appropriate
- Perform monthly tasks like downloading custodial statements and recording market values to contribute to high-level requirements
- Streamline the company’s operations by enhancing organization of our files, how records are maintained within spreadsheets, etc
- Augment Green Alpha’s growth by providing data to institutional sales databases on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Support the Investment Committee by compiling weekly performance summaries, carrying out all proxy voting activities, and creating reports of those activities when requested by clients
- Assist with other client service inquiries and reports
Job Candidate Characteristics:
- Unabashedly curious
- Strong attention to detail and precision
- Takes pride in being a team player – someone who desires to help in any way that maximizes benefits to clients and the firm
- Inclined to present possible solutions when challenges are uncovered
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing education and achieving goals
- Excellent computer skills: Excel and Word, plus hands-on experience with databases
- Proven capability to communicate the right details with team members in an open, fluid fashion
- Ability to troubleshoot discrepancies between reporting sources
- For example: if two spreadsheets report different values, determine why, and present potential solutions to resolve the discrepancy from occurring again
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and address why you are seeking a part-time role in addition to how other aspects of the job description fit your desires and goals. Please do not call Green Alpha Advisors to express desire to apply or check on your application.