Green Alpha Advisors is an asset management firm located in Niwot, Colorado. We serve individual clients, wealth advisors, family offices, and large institutions by investing assets in innovative, scalable solutions to our greatest economic and environmental risks – climate change, resource degradation, widening inequality, and human disease burdens. By directing capital to solutions creators, our clients can both catalyze and benefit from the emerging, highly efficient, sustainable Next EconomyTM.
Green Alpha is run by three entrepreneurial investment professionals who each have more than 20 years of investment industry experience. The Operations & Finance Manager will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer. The Green Alpha team is excited about the opportunity to both teach the right candidate what they need to know to excel, and to also learn from and with the right candidate so we can all have fun exceeding our clients’ expectations. The successful candidate will also be one driven by curiosity to learn more, test ideas, challenge prior assumptions, and build ways of implementing best practices as our client base continues to grow.
Given COVID-19 and associated health concerns, we expect the Operations & Finance Manager to follow all of the social distancing and safer-at-home recommendations that we are each following outside of the office. Our company culture is one in which we each conduct ourselves in a way that protects the company and each other—both inside the office and out—and we expect the incoming employee to do the same. Activities carried out by any Green Alpha employee that puts another employee or the company at risk are not tolerated.
- Onboard clients, both through personal interactions and throughout the systems that Green Alpha uses to manage accounts, coordinating details and activities among internal and external team members
- Work with Green Alpha’s Executive Team members to design and implement enhanced trade execution and settlement work flows as the business model expands
- Support internal compliance testing activities, and provide responses to externally-driven compliance questionnaires
- Participate in accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions and recordkeeping
Job Candidate Characteristics:
- Unabashedly curious – demonstrated through ongoing education and certifications, include industry-respected credentials (e.g. CPA, IACCP, CFA, CIMA)
- Entrepreneurial – isn’t content simply to be handed tasks, wants to build better processes and procedures
- Problem solver – Presents possible solutions as challenges are uncovered, and researches options when solutions sets aren’t immediately clear
- Teacher – wants to not only learn new ideas and approaches, but is also motivated to teach others for the benefit of the team, firm, and clients
- Possess exacting attention to detail and precision
- Takes pride in being a team player – someone who desires to help in any way that maximizes benefits to clients and the firm
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving goals – both personal and for the good of the organization
- Excellent computer skills: Excel and Word, plus hands-on experience with databases
- Experience with investment industry-specific applications, with preference for the Advent Axys, APX, and Moxy suites of solutions
- Finance/accounting software, with a preference for QuickBooks
- Working, practical knowledge of U.S. SEC Investment Advisers Act and Investment Company Act regulations and best practices that the company must operate within
- Proven capability to communicate the right details with team members in an open, fluid fashion
- Ability to find and troubleshoot discrepancies between reporting sources
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and within your email address how aspects of the job description fit your desires and goals, both short-term and long-term. Please do not call Green Alpha Advisors to express desire to apply or check on your application.