Green Alpha Advisors is an asset management firm located in Niwot, Colorado. We serve individual clients, wealth advisors, family offices, and large institutions by investing a portion of their assets in solutions to our greatest economic and environmental risks – climate change, resource degradation and scarcity, and widening inequality. By directing capital to solutions creators, our clients can catalyze and gain from the emerging highly efficient, sustainable Next EconomyTM.
Green Alpha is run by three entrepreneurial investment professionals who each have more than 20 years of investment industry experience. The part-time Operations Associate will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer, Betsy Moszeter. Betsy will teach the right candidate the skills they need to carry out the job, have fun doing it, and excel so that they gain independence in their responsibilities. We expect the job to be four hours a day, five days a week. There is some flexibility about what the daily schedule will be; however, we need to rely on the schedule once it is set. The Operations Associate will work in our Niwot, CO office with very little flexibility to work remotely.
- Assist with account opening paperwork
- Field incoming phone calls, and pass them along to each Executive Team member, as appropriate
- Perform monthly tasks like downloading statements and recording market values to contribute to high-level requirements
- Help onboard new account management and reporting software that enables the firm to run more efficiently
- Become the primary person carrying out daily processes that power the account management software, such as holdings and transaction reconciliation with custodians
- Utilize the account management software to prepare monthly reports for specific clients
Job Candidate Characteristics:
- Unabashedly curious
- Strong attention to detail and precision
- Takes pride in being a team player – someone who desires to help in any way that maximizes benefits to clients and the firm
- Inclined to present possible solutions when challenges are uncovered
- B.S. or B.A. degree, to demonstrate commitment to education and achieving goals
- Excellent computer skills: Excel and Word, plus hands-on experience with databases
- Proven capability to communicate the right details with team members in an open, fluid fashion
to troubleshoot discrepancies between reporting sources
- For example: if two spreadsheets report different values, determine why and present solutions to resolve the discrepancy from occurring again
In your cover letter, please address why you are seeking a part-time role, in addition to how other aspects of the job description fit your desires and goals. Apply here https://bit.ly/2QUbPs7. Please do not call Green Alpha Advisors to express desire to apply or check on your application.